Cindy M. Smith, CPA Is A Certified Quickbooks Pro Advisor
We provide advice on how to set up a system of controls to maintain books and records (bookkeeping) and ensure the safety of your corporate assets (fraud prevention) for businesses, organizations and sole proprietors throughout Dutchess County, NY. One of the first steps is to have a software package that assists the owner in the recording of their cash transactions and ensures the security of your purchases. The software we suggest for most small businesses is QuickBooks.
Why QuickBooks? QuickBooks is the ideal business accounting software for small to mid-sized business owners. Here’s 10 reasons why you should be using QuickBooks.
- You save time on bookkeeping and paperwork because many of simple bookkeeping tasks are handled automatically making it easier to run your business.
- You can easily generate the reports with the information you need, so you always know where your business stands. You instantly know whether you’re making money and whether your business is healthy.
- You save money because QuickBooks is so affordable. You can use it to run a $5 million or a $25 million business for a few hundred dollars. PC accounting software is truly one of the great bargains in business.
- Your business can grow with QuickBooks. QuickBooks will help you design a business plan to use when trying to secure a small business loan or line of credit or to plan for the future. QuickBooks will create a projected balance sheet, profit and loss statement and statement of cash flows in the format recommended by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- You can customize QuickBooks to work the way you want. QuickBooks is specifically designed to be flexible and adaptable to a wide range of small businesses. To broaden its appeal, QuickBooks has recently added customized accounting packages for Contractors, Retailers, Health Care Professionals, and Nonprofit organizations.
- You can rest assured knowing that QuickBooks is a stable, reliable and proven product. Hundreds of thousands of small businesses throughout the world have chosen QuickBooks as their accounting software. You can’t go wrong with a software program with such an extensive installed user base.
- You save typing time and errors by sharing data between QuickBooks and over 100 business applications. You can even share data with popular programs, such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- You will get paid faster with QuickBooks online payments. E-mail an invoice or statement and with QuickBooks Online Billing, your customer can easily pay you with a credit card or bank account transfer. No more waiting for the check in the mail!
- You can easily accept Credit Cards. With QuickBooks Merchant Account Service, you can accept credit cards with ease. QuickBooks Merchant Account Service is the only credit card acceptance service integrated with QuickBooks software, which means you don’t have to enter the same data twice. No additional software or hardware is required. Your customers can use Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
- You can pay your bills and bank online. Setup your current bank account in QuickBooks, and you’re ready to pay your bills without licking envelopes, sticking stamps, or printing paper checks. Just write checks in QuickBooks as you normally would, then click a button and your participating bank does the rest! Pay anyone in the U.S. from your credit card companies to your pizza service. Online Banking also lets you download your monthly statement from your participating bank directly into QuickBooks for easier reconciliation.
QuickBooks Setup Although QuickBooks is designed for the layman to understand, the initial setup and installation can be tricky. Save hours of frustration by allowing us to setup QuickBooks for you correctly. Although QuickBooks is designed for the layman to understand, the initial setup and installation must be done correctly in order for future information to be accurate. All information necessary to setup manual accounting records is also necessary to setup and install QuickBooks on your desktop. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks in the middle of the year.
Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances? An expert can easily answer all of these questions and complete the initial Setup and Installation in a timely manner. In addition, your accounting employees receive training on the accounting software to enhance their performance. How much does it cost? We first want to find out a little more about your business and your accounting records before we quote you an exact price. Rest assured that we work with many small business owners and our rates are designed to fit the budgets of our clients. As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time – time taken away from managing your business.
Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs.
- Recommend software and hardware requirements.
- Install software, design and set up chart of accounts and entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
- Determination of your QuickBooks starting date
- Loading your chart of account and balances as of that starting date
- Preparation of a list of the items that you sell to your customers. This list includes services, inventory parts, non-inventory parts, other charges and sales taxes
- Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date
- Entering your ending statement bank balances and outstanding checks & deposits in transit as of your starting date
- Printing a trial balance as of your starting date and comparing it to your trial balance from your old system
- Entering your transactions since your starting dates into QuickBooks
- Train client or client staff in use of software to meet their accounting, management and tax needs.
- Follow up training to ensure the client is “on the right track”.
- Monthly, quarterly or annual review of client QuickBooks data to assist in tax preparation and management reports.
QuickBooks Training Once QuickBooks is setup and working properly, we can train you or your employees to properly operate QuickBooks specifically for your business. Once QuickBooks is set-up and working properly, we can train you or your employees to properly operate QuickBooks specifically for your business.
Why choose one-on-one attention instead of taking a class?
• We come to your location.
• We focus on the individual issues facing your business.
• We will be there to answer your specific questions and concerns.
• No need to spend time on features that don’t impact your business!
Call today to set-up an appointment.
We will come to your location!!
Quick Tune-up Whether you need to prepare your books for tax time, a financial review, or you just need to clean up some problem areas, you’ll get your QuickBooks running smoothly again with a complete Tune-up. Contact the office for an appointment. We are eager to help your business run smoothly.
Quick Answers Employees in your accounting department will find comfort in knowing that the answers to their QuickBooks questions are only an email or phone call away. E-mail and telephone support prevents many wasted hours of aggravation and embarrassment.
QuickBooks users are generally not stumped by the software, they are stumped by the accounting information necessary to complete the transactions. Quick access to correct information is essential to maintain the accuracy of your financial records. Employees in your accounting department will find comfort in knowing an Expert in QuickBooks is only an email or phone-call away. Email and telephone support prevents many wasted hours of aggravation and embarrassment. Our clients are confident that our accounting staff can assist them as we are Pro-Advisors for QuickBooks accounting and payroll products.